Installing the PaperCut client:
Deployment on Linux and Unix
- Linux and Unix workstations are supported via Java. Install Java 5.0+. ( Java version 5.0 or higher is required) Your Linux distribution may come with Java pre-installed or have the option to install. If no Java option exists, Sun Microsystems provides a self-install Java distribution for Linux and other major Unix platforms.
- Ensure Java 5.0 is installed and the JAVAHOME environment variable is defined on the PATH.
- Go to PaperCut Client Download page and select the ‘PaperCut Linux All Locations’ download.
- If the workstation is used by multiple users, the client directory should be copied to a common location such as /usr/local/papercut/client.
- -File permissions need to be set. Open a command prompt and set execute permissions on the pc-client-linux.sh file as follows:
-chmod 755 ./pc-client-linux.sh
- Log on as a user (a user listed in the PaperCut MF system) in your preferred Linux desktop GUI environment. Locate and execute the file /usr/local/papercut/client/pc-client-linux.sh. The PaperCut MF client should open displaying the user’s account balance.
- It is usual to configure the client as a “Startup Program” or “AutoStart Program” launched during login. See your desktop documentation to see how to define a startup program.
- Optionally, you can configure the client as a “Startup Program” or “AutoStart Program” launched during login. See your desktop documentation to see how to define a startup program.