How to Configure a PaperCut Print Queue on a Mac
- You must be logged on to the Yale network with your netid.
- Find out the name of your printer and the print server it is on from YPPS or your DSP. (ex. paperc-prd-ps1.its.yale.edu/dept_printer)
- Go to the Apple symbol and select “System Preferences”. Then select “Printers and Scanners”
- ***Remove any print queues using SMB protocol***
- Click the + to add a new printer.
- Choose “Advanced” from the toolbar.
If you do not see the Advanced option on the toolbar: (* See Screenshot Below)
- Right-click and choose “Customize toolbar”
- Drag the Advanced icon to the toolbar
- Enter the following settings:
- Type: ‘Internet Printing Protocol (ipps)’
- Device: ‘Another Device”
- URL: ipps://paperc-prd-psX.its.yale.edu:9164/printers/dept_printer
- Name: Dept Printer
- Use: ‘Generic PostScript Printer’ or desired model-specific driver
- Click Add
- Check the ‘Duplex Printing Unit’ box for the Generic Postscript driver or other desired features related to your model.
Now, when you go to File > Print, you should see the Dept_printer printer. When you print, you will be asked to enter your NetID and password.
*****Please note, your first job sent to this printer will show ‘Hold for Authentication’. Refresh the queue and you will be prompted for your netid credentials and once they are stored in the keychain, you will not be prompted again. *****
(* #5 illustration)