How to Configure a PaperCut Print Queue on a Mac
- You must be logged on to the Yale network with your netid.
- Find out the name of your printer and the print server it is on from YPPS or your DSP. (ex. paperc-prd-ps1.its.yale.edu/dept_printer)
- Go to the Apple symbol and select “System Preferences”. Then select “Printers and Scanners”.
- Click the + to add a new printer.
- Choose “Advanced” from the toolbar.
If you do not see the Advanced option on the toolbar: (* See Screenshot Below)
- Right-click and choose “Customize toolbar”
- Drag the Advanced icon to the toolbar
- Enter the following settings:
- Type: ‘Windows printer via spoolss’
- Device: ‘Another Device”
- URL: smb://paperc-prd-ps1.its.yale.edu/dept_printer
- Name: Dept Printer
- Use: ‘Generic PostScript Printer’
- Click Add
- Check the ‘Duplex Printing Unit’ box and click ‘OK’. This allows you to print double-sided pages.
Now, when you go to File > Print, you should see the Dept_printer printer. When you print, you will be asked to enter your NetID and password:
(* #5 illustration)