How to Configure PaperCut YalePrintGuest Queue on a Mac
Setup the YalePrintGuest queue:
- Go to the Apple symbol and select “System Preferences”. Then select “Printers and Scanners”.
- Click the + to add a new printer.
- Choose “Advanced” from the menu.
If you do not see the Advanced option on the menu bar:
- Right-click on the menu bar and choose “Customize toolbar”
- Drag the Advanced icon to the toolbar
- Enter the following settings:
- Type: ‘Windows printer via spoolss’
- Device: ‘Another Device”
- URL: smb://paperc-prd-ps1.yu.yale.edu/YalePrintGuest
- Name: YalePrintGuest
- Use: ‘Generic PostScript Printer’
- Click Add
- Check the ‘Duplex Printing Unit’ box and click ‘OK’. This allows you to print double-sided pages.
Now, when you go to File > Print, you should see the YalePrintGuest printer. When you print, you will be asked to enter your Papercut guest ID and password:
- When you enter your NetID, put yale\ in front of it. Use your NetID password to authenticate.
- If you check the “Remember this password” option, you will not have to re-enter your NetID/password every time you print.